HOW TO Format Your MUSIC and art Files FOr DISTRIBUTION
In order for you to get your material up-and-running on the various digital retail stores, you will need to supply us with 3 different file types:
C1. How To Format Your Artist Image
This must be a picture of you or your band. It can not be a logo or an album cover. It should not have any text on it.
- JPEG / .jpg extension
- At least 2400 x 2400 pixels in size
- 72 dpi/ppi resolution
- RGB formatted
- Title your files like this:
- Example: john-doe-artist-image.jpg
- This image may be used on sites like ADED.US and iTunes
- No text is allowed on this artist image
Should I compress all my files into a zip file before I upload them?
- DO NOT ZIP = wav, flac, aif, m4a
- ZIP = mp3
- Zip files must be titled in a "Title Case" format with a space-dash-space like so: Primary Artist Name - Album Title.zip –– Example: John Doe - Awesome Tunes.zip
- Make sure your album cover art and artist image are in the same zip file as your music files.
- Note: You do not have to zip your mp3 files. It just makes things a lot easier for us when we have to download 1 zip file instead of downloading 3-21 separate files.